This Valentine’s Day Themed Conductors Bouquet is going to be used in 3 ways in my studio next week:
– To teach kids which hand plays treble clef notes and which plays bass clef notes
– To teach kids how to feel different time signatures by conducting with the wands
– As a decoration to brighten up the studio so I can see kids’ faces light up as they enter for their lessons
When students arrive for lessons, I will be playing Bob Marley’s “One Love” and Annie Lennox and Al Green’s “Put A Little Love In Your Heart”. The Student will take a wand from the bouquet and using the correct hand for the symbol on the heart join me in conducting the song. We will extend the activity by conducting some of the pieces that they are working on as well. At the end of their lesson they will get to take the wand home to keep!
Here’s what you need in order to do this activity:
1. Valentine’s Wands from Dollar Tree (They come in packs of 3)
2. A sharpie marker to draw bass clef and treble clef symbols on the hearts
3. A nice vase to keep them in
4. Songs of different time signatures
Before we go I have a question: What other Valentine Themed songs can you suggest with different time signatures that can be used in this lesson? Please let me know in a comment below!